Thursday, April 1, 2010

Childhood Games & Toys 1 - Barbie Doll

I think I'm born to love all things pretty and lovely.. I think from young, I'm inclined to my creative side, like, very seriously, n maybe from the hobby of playing Barbie dolls had enhanced my interest towards fashion and art. I also think that, when I'm really into something, I would somehow or rather, get those things regardless of the barriers....hehe~

So tonight I'm going to spread to u guyz to a very detailed post of my once favourite toy, the Barbie doll... ;) ( y once? bcos now them barbie dolls r no longer around this house, ma... ;(
The standard price of 1 box of Barbie doll is around RM45 and above..but for the the garment set, minus the doll is at around RM20++


Back then, I admit I felt guilty whenever I asked my parents to buy a new Barbie doll..alah, tp rase guilty tu ilang skejap je kot..lg pun, my parents belikan aje...hehe...maybe sbb time tu, kitorang 3 beradik je..2 gurls n 1 boy..maybe it's quite appropriate lg utk us girls to have our own toys..but mmg pricey la jgk Barbie doll ni kan..hehe..tp slambe pau duit mak tanpa rase bersalah...hehe~ tp puas ati tau bile dpt Barbie baru...same mcm time aku skg, x berubah upenye aku ni...mst nk beli baju baru la, selendang baru la, kasut baru la..mahal ke, murah ke, janji dpt bnda tu, perghh! senyum smpi tinge..hehe~

Mak pun siap bisg da bile aku asekkkkk nk bli Barbie baru...xcukup ngn Barbie yg main tenis, nk beli Barbie kebaya plak, time Barbie kebaya ni keluar...fuh..gile kretip dorg kuakan Barbie international dlu.aku cukup soka..Barbie kebaya rambut die itam lebat btol2 mcm rambut seorang anak dara melayu jati..huhu~


OK, ni antara kenangan2 aku time main Barbie dlu, aku wat lam bntuk list senang bace..hehe...

1) Bilangan Barbie - Barbie dolls aku dlu, ade la dlm 1 dozen..tp kirenye share ngn adik pempuan aku tula..but mind u, aku punya la yg terlebeh sudah sket..haha! Aku xtau la, aku suka tgk bnda cntik2 ni...tp, most gurls pon kan..hehe~ aku ade je gmbr Barbie yg aku n adik dok snap pas kitorang siap dandan dorg n pkai kan cntik2..tp nnt kalo aku jumpe gmbr tu, aku scan buh cni..tgu~

2) Our collections - Like I said, our Barbie dolls ranged from:
  • A Tennis Barbie (complete with racket and tennis table, cute white tennis suit)

  • Barbie Dinner (got turkey, romantic dinner tabel for two, pink cake (slurp!), candlelight pon ade kot.. )

  • Princess Barbie (with a nice, sparkly purple gown and tiara.. rindunyeeee~`)

  • Kebaya Barbie (nice luscious black hair, pink kebaya, with a ring on her finger,oh my god...she's so pretty as far as I can remember)

  • Sporty Barbie or smtg like dat..but I do remember this Barbie consists of 3 dolls, they wore tank tops, n their tank tops r ones which we can attach n detach from their body..not a fabric kind of top..but still, easy to mix n match maa..huhu~

  • Picnic Barbie (auww..this one wore a red knit turtleneck top, red gingham long pants..the gingham prints were even popular back then!) n she also got a bike on her own... ;')
Owh, I can't remember anymore, however, moving on...

3) On naming the dolls - Hahaha! Ya Allah, kalo igt blk, alahai comelnye aku dlu siap namekan dorg (comel ke aku? buwek! haha!)..yg xthn tu, name melayu pon jadi, according to name2 artis2 popular time aku skola rndh dlu, mcm Amelina (wtf? Yes, Amelina Dangdut.. X_X), Siti Nurhaliza semestinye (buwek!), then, siap Seha pon ade.. (buwek lagi!)pastukan pastukan...konon2 every doll yg dah dinamakan sekian2 name tu, kononye dorg mmg artis tu n ade 1 lagu spesel yg mmg dorg punya...n everytime aku ngn adik aku main, kitorang siap nyanyi lagu2 tersebut.. !!! Arghhh!!!

Harharhar! I swear I'm dying from laughter rite now.. ;')

4) Barbie dresses - We mixed n matched them, creating our very own collection.. aku dlu siap sanggup beli set yg baju saje, n bg dorg pkai...siap mcm bli baju utk anak..haha! OH my god, now i really2 miss seeing all those cute dresses, tanks, shoes, i even set up their wardrobe n my sis n i tukar2kan baju dorg each time we played with them... i really admire the works done on these Barbie dolls' dresses and getups. Barbie is not like any other toys..Barbie is close to perfection, with their details on the garments, n how fast they keep up with the latest trends in fashion. i. simply. adore. *squeal*



5) On cutting the dolls' hair - OMG OMG! aku dlu, bile aku da boring tgk deme rmbut pjg (kan most Barbie dolls rmbt pjg max smpi ke punggung?)...aku snip2 je rmbut dorg tu, smbil dlm ati mcm , 'now u got a new look, hon..don't they look fab?' heh..yeah rite, the poor doll said.. ;p ade satu barbie yg main tenis ni, aku wat rmbut die fesyen bob...tp ok je aku tgk, siap pdn ngn muke die..hhehe... then ade lg satu doll ni, aku wat die tomboy sket..aku gunting abes rmbut die, then die nmpk tough sgt mcm Pink.. (a'ah, tough la sgt, siap nmpk kulit2 kepale die yg ade lubg2..fuiyo! ni baru ganaz! harhahrhar!)

Ok, this is freaky...cudn;t fine one pic in Google Image yg appropriate lorh~

6) Barbie hairstyles & hair accessories - I just lurveee...hairdressing people as much I lurrvee hairdressing my Barbies...hhuhuhu..well, usually a simple ponytail will do, but sometimes I braid them, or roll them up into a bun..heh! tp klaka gile rmbut Barbie bile diikat kuda cmtu je..cos nmpk tebal semacam...their hair is better left straight n untied actually...hehe~ I don't recall buying any specific Barbie hair accesories, so I made some of them up...from scratch! hehe...for example :
  • Hairclips - I simply used stapler bullet..aku stapler kertas dlu, then bile nk kuakan ubat stapler tu, i carefully let them out, the curved part i biar cmtu je...the purpose is to hold Barbie's hair into place...NICE! It really worked, trust me.. ;)

  • Hair color? - Well, I used highlighter, and it really worked wonders too...(haha gile, rosakkan rmbut anak patung dgn membubuh highlighter kt rmbut dorg..tp sbb tu anak2 patung aku, so adakah aku kesah? harharhar.. ;p)

  • Hair, umm..moisturiser? - Minyak zaitun...I jus put it on the doll's hair..u see, kdg2 rmbut dorg ni tangled antara sikat tu, susah sket nk manage.. (cece da mcm iklan rambut)..tp kan, hehe...the hair will then smelt funny i tell u..sbb minyak zaitun kan..hehe..neways, rmbut dorg xdela jd pape...cume smell funny je..
7) Ken? -Nah, we didn't buy any Ken.

8) Barbie condo & games - But I always fantasize that all our Barbie dolls can talk and that they're living under one room, in a very luxurious condo or something, talking, having fun n gossiping away. Heck, I even remembered that I'd purchased ke downloaded ke hape tah..this Barbie interactive game..hurm, i think around that time, main computer games je kot.. yes! in that game, I can choose which Barbie doll is going to be me, pick her clothes, makeup etc, then pick which section of her house that I wanted to go to. And in that game too, I learned the word 'patio'.. ;)

So there u have it, hmmm...I heard now dolls even have wavy shoulder-length hair..like human one, n can style2 one lorh! hehu~

No comments: