Saturday, February 28, 2009

CAIREX 2009

Last Thursday, went to Shah Alam, (had to, actually)..to attend this career fair there, that our lecturers force us to go to..heheh..The fair is called Cairex 09 (Career in Industrial Expo) n my batch had to attend that seminar as part of our assessment for this practical training thingy..

And so I arrived there at abt 8.30 a.m, (bertolak dr rumah pkul 6 gitu, huhu...haruslah tido cpat kn?) Heck, tp dlm kete tersengguk2 jgk lg, *haih..minah ni kuat tdo btol la..malu kwn ayh dok tgk da..*

Neway, kinda missed the first speakers' talk..The fair started at 8.30 am till 5 pm..First thought was like, "Man..~" but then, pk blk, alah, kn ke da bese dgr benda2 talk2 ni sume? lek ah...t kalau ade mase rehat, bleh cabut, lepak2 ngn kengkwn2 ye dak? hehe..

K,today's topics r not bad..the first speaker, Mr Kannan talked about 'Studying Overseas'..when I first went pass the Dewan Sri Budiman hall (where the event was conducted, cewah)..I heard him uttered, "katak bwh tempurung.." n from that line also, I thought the talk wud sound nice..but didn't manage to hear it, tho'..I was too bz going to the toilet, n then found 2 of my "long lost" coursemates, Zara and Kak Enny..huhu~ neway, glad to meet them, I was worried if I had to sit alone...da la dtg dr Ipoh straight ke UiTM ni blk..huhu~

The 2nd speaker, Mr Omar, talked abt 'Interview Skills',..okay la, initially it was a bore, bkn saje pengacara event ni ( a Malay girl dr kos ape ntah) seriously sucked as an MC (too "Malay" English accent, nk sabut Fujitsu pn jd Fojitsu..n she stammered, n like.. Gosh! Sape jela yg lantik die jd MC ni? meremang bulu roma dgr die berckp dpn guests yg prestigious tula! Grr! )

Anyway, pastu, En Omar pn wat satu skit abt a mock interview ngn student2 yg blakon jd interviewer n interviewee.. Nah, they literally relied on their scripts too much, siap bwk lg skrip dpn org rmai..cmne la org nk convinced dgn ape yg die nk sampaikan..huhu~ tp xpe, mungkin dorg x sempat nk prepare kot kn? But eventually, that gentleman managed to get audience glued to him..He cracked some jokes, sang sum younsters' hit songs (The way he moved his body when singing 'Pagi Yg Gelap' mmg xleh lupe.. haha!) n kinda got us motivated..He even had this video of English speakers around the world (British, American, Australian, Afro American, and even Japanese and Singaporean..- wonder where the heck is Malaysia..huhu~)..which is kinda entertaining..it's a good exposure, a kinda a big picture for those who wants to master English..

But the best unforgettable talk was by MR ERNIE CHEN (sampai aku capitalkan name die kt cni), cos there he went with his big voice, "APA KHABAR SUMUA??" after all the moderately-voiced previous speakers ended their talk..haha! U rock, Mr Ernie! ;p

His topic was 'From Zero to Millionaire'..well, he talked about how u shud start doing business, n UR own business some more, to become a millionaire..it's true..doing business brings the most profit to ppl...risky pn risky la kn, kalau x risky, bkn idup la namenye kn? huhu..

Then there was the "Career at Bank Negara" talk..Umm, yawny...Neway, that talk was more applicable to Account and Business students, not us, the carefree, language-y, students! hahah! So this is what we did..


Cam-whoring!!

"Business Opportunities for You" by Mr Azri n his co-partner (they didn't state his name in the pamphlet) was ok la...since they're two young gentlemen that understands us fellow students, their talk was laced with songs like 'Low', 'Umbrella', etc n b4 u knew it, it was a club in there! I cudn't help but to bob my head to the music..haha~

Oh ye, Chicken Dance pon ada!! Just when they've finished talking, they asked us to stand up n do the 'Chicken Dance'..haha! I got to record sum of their n my frenz antics while doing the quirky dance...haha~ I even got to record MR ERNIE with his notoriusly motivating voice, telling us to 'become a millionaire...sng saje nk jd millionaire...~' followed by wild, boisterous laughters form the bunch of boyz sitting behind me..huhu~

Then, it was lunch time..I had the time of my life with my frenz back in Shah Alam! I got the chance to meet most of them today.. well, I feared I might not due to the predictable crowd that day..huhu~ We went out to Summit USJ, had lunch at Subway...I've actually heard of Subway b4, but that day was the first time I actually ate it.. It was ok..I ordered a Parmesan Oregano bread with a spicy Italian filling..topped with onions, thousand island sauce n chilli sauce (ok, u can wipe ur drool now~)


From left : Mr Melon, Zara, Kak Enny & me (oh, knp gmbr ini sgt skema.. -_-")

(Ok, this is the only pic i got that day, apart from the numerous activities we done that day! Darn, no memory card in my camcorder!)

We went window-shopping 4 awhile..went back to Shah Alam at abt 4 pm..heheh..n then, b4 u know it, we were too bz catching up with one another in our batch, talked abt the Prom Nite preparation n totally neglected the last 2 sessions of the seminar! Haha! There we were, not meeting each other for the past months, exchanging stories about our practical training stories n such..

5 pm, it's time to go home...see u guyz during the Prom Nite..huhu~ Now I got to think of sumthing to wear..n find a mask, ASAP! *squeal*

No comments: